Voicemail records and stores audio messages for you when you’re on the phone or when your phone is turned off. Before using voicemail, you will need to complete the setup process. Follow the steps below that most resemble the device that you’re using.
Saving voicemails on an iPhone
Saving voicemails on an Android
- Tap on the "Phone icon” -> “Voicemail” on the bottom right.
- Select the voicemail message and tap the "Share" icon on the top right.
- Select from the following options (you may need to swipe right to see all options):
- Mail – Send yourself the audio file to yourself in an email; this method is recommended, as it is quick and easy to verify.
- Messages – You can send a voicemail in a text to a friend or family member to save and send back to you later.
- Notes - This will save the file to the Notes app. You will then need to do an iCloud backup, making sure your Notes app data is backed up.
- Voice Memos - This will save the file to the Voice Memos app, which can be easily retrieved. You will then need to do an iCloud backup, making sure your Voice Memos app data is backed up.
- Save to Files - This will save the voicemail to your iCloud Drive. You will also need to create an iCloud backup, to make sure that your iCloud Drive files are all backed up.
Smartphones and feature phones other than Android and iPhone
- Open the “Voicemail” or “Visual Voicemail” app.
- Tap the voicemail message.
- For some Samsung devices, you may need to tap the message -> “Menu”.
- You will now tap the “Forward” button.
- If your device doesn't have a Forward option, tap “Share” via the “Select the Sending Method” option.
- From the “Forward” prompt, tap “Email”.
- You will now enter your own email address in the "To" field, and press “Send”.
- For this option you can use another phone, a computer or some other device that is able to record audio.
- iPhones can record using the “Voice Memos” app, while Androids can record using the “Recorder” app.
- If all else fails, you can also use the “Camera” app to record a video of the voicemail.
- Unfortunately, we cannot assist on any troubleshooting regarding this methodology. We recommend going to a electronics store for further assistance if this problem persists.
- Put two devices right next to each other and play the voicemail in speakerphone mode while the other device is recording. You can then send this recording back to the intended device when the SIM transfer has been completed.
You can also contact our Customer Support team at (888) 345-5509, and they will be happy to walk you through the process.
Please remember that setting up your voicemail uses minutes from your plan.